Friday, April 30, 2010

Cupcakes at School


I gave Lindy the option of making our own cupcakes for her school b-day party or buying them at Publix with the pretty princess rings on them. Without hesitation, she decided we should make our own and they should be the colors of the rainbow. We didn't quite make every color of the rainbow, but we did make some beautiful pastel cupcakes. Lindy, of course, had to taste every color of icing and tried to convince me that all of them tasted different...I wish a couple drops of food coloring made the orange taste like oranges. I let her go with it because she was not buying my explanation of how food coloring works. Before we left for school she asked me 100 times if I remembered the cupcakes and napkins (she was excited because we bought the napkins at her favorite store, The Dollar Store.) When I showed up after lunch for the singing and cupcakes she was smiling ear to ear. She yelled at the top of her lungs, "I love having cupcakes at school!" Girl after my own heart.

1 comment:

  1. What a good mom! Danny also had cupcakes at school today, and I didn't take a single picture. Such a second child...
    Happy birthday to Lindy!

    ReplyDelete