Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Weekend (and more)

Easter weekend started with a quick visit from Lindy's cousins from Buffalo. She was so excited to see them, especially the youngest, Sarah. For the short 24 hours they were here, they played soccer, had tea parties, and believe it or not went swimming in our 68 degree pool...crazy kids. It was great visiting with them.








Then on Saturday afternoon we had a little Easter celebration with a few friends. We painted eggs, had an Easter egg hunt, and played a traditional Easter game that my Nan used to play with us, "Roll the Eggy for the Candy". I'm sure my Nan was looking down from heaven both delighted to keep the tradition alive, but disappointed that I changed the name of the original game. As kids, we always played "Roll the Eggy for the Money"...which probably explains some of our gambling addictions. Maybe once these kids appreciate money more than candy, I'll go back to the original.


Next, of course, was Easter Sunday. We went to church with the Killimetts and then headed to Park Tavern for Easter brunch. Lindy loved that the Easter Bunny was there handing out candy, but only wanted to see him from afar. She definitely does not care for ANY life size characters. The girls ended the afternoon with showing off their panties to anyone and everyone at Park Tavern. We are going to have our hands full...5 girls between our 2 families...watch out teen years!



Finally, we ended the action-packed weekend with a trip to the Braves home opener. This was probably my favorite event of the weekend. Lindy is now at an age, where she really enjoys the baseball games. We ate popcorn, nachos, ran the bases, and cheered for Chipper (over and over again). My favorite moment was when I took Lindy to the restroom after the 1st inning and she asked if the baseball game was over (I could tell she was hoping it wasn't). When I said "No", she said "Mommy, baseball is amazing. Chipper is my favorite team." So, she has a little to learn, but being that Mike and I are both big sports enthusiasts, I was ecstatic to hear her excitement for the game. Grandpa Lawley would also be very proud that Lindy bought her new Braves shirt with the $10 he sent her for Easter. I can't think of anything else he would have rather her spend it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment